August 09, 2011

Thrifting 2

I went on a huge shopping spree today with my friends. I first heard about Goodwill Outlets through some articles and I instantly wanted to try it. So I found one in my area, surprise surprise, and pulled on some gloves and dug with my friends. Other Goodwill Outlets price things by pound, at least from the articles and the research I read up on. However the one in my area does it at reduced prices than typical Goodwill stores. It was still very cheap.

I felt like I could've spent the whole day at the outlet. They change stock very frequently. While I was there for my two hour shopping experience, they changed an aisle of bins three times! It gets very competitive though. Some people who do shop there frequently ARE there all day. I don't bother getting competitive with them though so I typically let them tackle the new items they bring in before I tackle it myself. I also grabbed two boxes for my friends and I to share to put everything we were considering. Don't let the boxes get away from you, people will try to grab your box and sift through it for stuff they want!

I found a few things but when we got to the register, I sifted things out. I ended up only purchasing 3 shirts, which is in the picture post here. My friends bought a nice amount of stuff. My one friend found 7 beautiful sweaters! Almost everyone walked away with brands like Express, Abercrombie, and American Eagle. Not big brands like Calvin Klein or DKNY, but we DID find those while shopping, just nothing to our liking.

We went next door to an actual Goodwill store. This is was where I purchased the Express dress and the brand new skirt. Those were my best finds of the day! It was very strange after, to get back into the mindset that these prices at typical Goodwill stores were cheap. However, after picking up my dress and realizing that in store it could cost up to $100, I quickly re-assimilated. I wanted the skirt but wasn't sure if I should get it. It was on the higher end so it was priced differently. In the end, I got it because it was BRAND NEW and because I really did like it. I'm in love with the dress too. I like simple colors and simple clothing. That's just my style.

Quick tips for Goodwill Outlet shopping:
1. Bring gloves.
2. Dig to the bottom.
3. Don't spend too long in one bin!
4. Anything, and I mean anything, that catches your eye, hold onto it. If you let it go, you're not going to find it again. I promise you it. Sometimes, when you put things down, someone else will grab it.
5. ALWAYS double check over things before buying it. All sales are final at an outlet.

Pictures:
Close up of the shirts I got.

The skirt I purchased is below. The image doesn't really capture the reality of it. The pink is the silken layer. The lace is shimmery gold and there's a black elastic waistband. At the back is a black and gold zipper too. Again this was brand new and for only $8!

And then, my favorite purchase of the day, my beautiful Express dress. I can't believe I fit into a XXS! Priced at $7!

No comments:

Post a Comment