September 06, 2011

Is It Really JUST About Being Healthy?

Someone asked me what other goals I have for this challenge. They said that "being healthy and active" is too vague. So I thought of an answer for them! I'm a swimmer, always have been. However, it's so easy to lose the skills when you haven't done them in so long. I used to be able to have a lot more endurance when swimming but now swimming two laps makes me tired. I used to be able to hold my breath longer. So my goal for this challenge is to also build my endurance. I also started to do pilates, which I love! However many of the moves are challenging and I often have to do the easier moves. For instance, I'll have to do leg circles with a much smaller circumference rather than make them big. I know that I do the same workout but I hope to be able to make them bigger. Secondary goal for this challenge is to become more flexibile!

No comments:

Post a Comment