July 05, 2011

Awesome Finds at a Dollar Store

Most people don't shop at a dollar store. They think it's completely run down and that they'd never find good things there. I've never really had that stigma about dollar stores because my family always shopped there. I remember growing up, my mom and aunts would brag about what great finds they'd snag up at a dollar store and how much they got it for. I bought a nice haul. It was kind of funny because I bought more things than my mother, who normally shops up a storm.

Things I Bought:

  • Facewash
  • Hairbands
  • Lots and lots of food
  • A cool little beach table

The facewash I typically use is Cetaphil. I ran out and when I went to the dollar store, I decided to check if they might have any. Sometimes random brand name things pop up so I gave it a shot. Well I found Cetaphil alright except right next to it, for 50% off, was a no-name brand knockoff. I checked out the ingredients side by side and GUESS WHAT?! They were exactly the same. I was surprised and happy, so I put that in my basket!

I also went to the hairband section and picked up some athletic hairbands. I got them for $4. As I went by, I walked into the make up section where they hide all their make up brushes. If you're in the market to buy some, I saw a few Eco-Friendly name brand ones for under $15. Normally at CVS, Target, or something, a big face brush would be well over $20.

I was also craving pretzel chips. They have them here and there at the supermarkets I go to but the dollar store almost always has them. I love pretzel chips and hummus. You know those little cups of hummus and pretzels on top that you can get at the market? Well those are about $2-3 and they're meant to be eaten once as a snack. I got a bag of pretzel chips [I actually got 2 because I'm a pig and like to eat] and some hummus for a total of $9. I decided to put the chips in a small sandwich bag and hummus in another small container. I can just keep filling that stuff up!! I also got some graham crackers.

Dollar stores also have a ton of random stuff that are actually perfect. My family has this giant umbrella they use for the beach except it takes a lot of digging to get it into the sand to keep put. We also always run of spaces on the cooler to put our drinks. I picked up the beach table because it has a hole to put the umbrella's handle through and about four indents for cups! Perfect find for $5!

ONE THING YOU SHOULDN'T BUY AT A DOLLAR STORE:

Pills! I checked the ingredients for a no-name brand of a calcium supplement my mom and I take. THERE WAS NOTHING IN IT THAT HAD ANYTHING RELATED TO CALCIUM! The main product though? Corn syrup. So beware. Otherwise, shop happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment