July 24, 2011

Camping as a Vegan

I just got back from my camping trip! I ate vegan all the way through. Since my family and I don't have much experience with eating vegan [outside of a home setting], it was pretty difficult to do.

For one thing, half the time I was dizzy because I had such a lack of nutrients and energy. It was difficult finding time to cook and eat in between all the activities. I was the only one eating vegan, so that alone was daunting too. I packed up some fruits but I had to eat them all quickly before they spoiled. We could cook at the campsite so I had dried things packed that by boiling, would turn into real food [like dried mushrooms] or frozen vegan meat already pre-chopped. Still, it went bad quickly too.

For breakfast, what I mostly had was bread with soy sauce. For lunch/dinner, I had rice with the same plate of vegan dish I had.

So I have a question for any vegans out there:

How do you get food when you're in a situation like this, far away from home or restaurants nearby?

No comments:

Post a Comment